At-home phlebotomy tests are one of our offered modalities. This modality is focused on patients that don’t want to go to a Laboratory, but instead want a phlebotomist to come to their home or office to carry out the phlebotomy draw. The phlebotomist is responsible for bringing the required equipment and tubes and then delivering those to our partner Laboratories.
Ordering Flow overview
To achieve this, a high-level overview of the process is defined as:
- An order is placed in Vital’s system through our Dashboard or API.
- The order is added to a background queue and additional checks are made before a test requisition is created with the chosen Laboratory.
- After the requisition is created, some form of communication is carried out with the patient so he can book an appointment with our phlebotomy partners.
- At the day of the appointment, our partner phlebotomist will contact the patient directly to assert that everything is correct for carrying out the appointment.
- The phlebotomist goes to the appointment, draws the patient’s blood and then delivers it to the Laboratory.
- The Laboratory processes the patient’s blood sample and generates the required results.
- Vital exposes the results via API as soon as they are available, both on PDF and structured data via API.
- Phlebotomy appointments are not supported for patients under 18 years of age.
- The same patient can’t have more than one active appointment with a specific Phlebotomy provider.
- The addresses provided when fetching the appointment availability slots must be reachable by the phlebotomist, containing street number and unit (if exists).