Walk-in tests are one of our offered modalities. This modality is focused on patients that are able to go to a Laboratory to have their blood drawn.
Ordering Flow overview
To achieve this, a high-level overview of the process is defined as:
- An order is placed in Vital’s system through our Dashboard or API.
- The order is added to a background queue and additional checks are made before a test requisition is created with the chosen Laboratory.
- After the requisition is created, some form of communication is carried out with the patient so he can go to the assigned partner Laboratory.
- After that, the patient can go at any time they want to the laboratory to have their blood drawn.
- The Laboratory processes the patient’s blood sample and generates the required results.
- Vital exposes the results via API as soon as they are available, both on PDF and structured data via API.